Sunday, July 07, 2013

Sweet Saturdays

This past Saturday was so wonderful, I had to tell you all about it. I got up early to hop the local farmer's markets in search for this week's goodies, and I think my favorite part was seeing all kinds of friends I knew shopping as well. It makes me happy to see all these people supporting local businesses. Later that day I went to The System to get my hair cut and colored by my friend Amy. She did a wonderful job and I ended up getting an ombre that starts at a darker brown and fades to carmel. Man, do I love it. The rest of the day was truly a sweet saturday- I met up with my dear friend Tessa who has become one of my closest friends as of recent. You can check out her instagram here! She is so wonderful to be around, she is insanely encouraging, and we always have something to talk about. We had a great dinner at a local Italian place named Bambinos and ordered some wonderful items off of their summer menu. They do not disappoint! And then we headed over to the Pickwick area an explored a bit. We stopped at a sweet Homegrown Foods store that reminded me of my morning.


We then stopped at a local sweet shop, Elle's Patisserie. Tessa is great friends with the owners and we chatted with the workers for a while. But most importantly, we enjoyed their Lavender Iced Coffee, which is to die for! Elle's is truly a delightful little spot and I'd encourage anyone who'd like a sweet treat and a friendly face to stop by there.



We then ventured over to the park with our blankets, watercolors, and iced coffee in hand for some painting, which was so much fun! Phelps Grove park is a quaint little spot with families running around everywhere. I'd like to go there more often.





The last photo is the beginning of my creation. I hope you all found your Saturday to be sweet!

-Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! It's so cute. And, your photography is stunning girly!

    ~Jacy

    ReplyDelete