Monday, October 15, 2012

A Trip to St. Louis

This past week at lunch some friends and I got on the topic of St. Louis. They were bringing up all of the amazing things there were to do there and how pretty it was, etc. I pass through STL twice a year, but never stay long enough to do anything cool. I've always wanted to though. At lunch, we were seriously getting so excited for all the things to do--City Museum, Forest Park, shopping and a ton more. My friend Trinity lives in the St. Louis area and invited me to come and stay with her for 2 days! Believe me, I was stoked. It gets kind of lame when all you do is live in a small town and you're actual home is only 30 minutes away, and back and forth gets boring and routine. It was so great to go somewhere different and 100x more awesome than where I live. I don't know, but traveling is awesome. This weekend made me excited to go to every other cool place on earth.

First we were on the hunt for coffee and stumbled upon this sweet little farmer's market. I had to snap a photo of the pumpkins, because of…well, fall. And they made me happy.


While we were in St. Louis we went to the City Museum. Let's just say…it's my new favorite place. I don't really know how to describe it other than it's a giant play place for kids and grown ups. And not the lame plastic slide type of play place! There's a skate park but with no skates, so you can just slide down things and hang on ropes. There are a million slides and secret passageways, and there's a 10-story slide. And you can go on the roof. Even better--there's a Ferris wheel up there. And you can see the whole city of St. Louis. It's so awesome. We found this old, written on piano and Trin played some classy music, too.


We also visited an area called Forest Park. It was SO beautiful, especially with it being Autumn and all. Trin and I drove around for a good 30 minutes looking at the huge houses and scenery. We stopped on Art Hill to take some photos.


While we were there, we ate at a restaurant called Fitz's and they're famous for their root beer. We stopped at a record store across the street called Vintage Vinyl. Super rad record store. I purchased The Avett Brothers new album on vinyl! I also got a mp3 download of the album, so that was a plus. There's something about looking through all of those records and seeing my favorite artists on vinyl that makes me happy.


Our drive home may have been the best part. I always drive through STL in summer and winter to visit family in Ohio, but never in the fall. And man, were those landscapes beautiful. We kept pointing out little sections of trees that we liked all while we listened to the Mumford album and threw in a little bit of NPR here and there. Basically the best car ride ever.

Again, thanks for reading. I hope your fall is as swell mine so far.

1 comment: